Job Number: 3170
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Weld Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for actively developing new welding procedures and methods between the Engineering & welding teams and communicating with customers regarding welding issues. The candidate will also review and assign Welding Procedure Specifications for jobs and maintain welder qualifications and test methods.
- Actively develop new welding procedures and welding methods.
- Liaison between Engineering & welding team.
- Communicate with customers regarding welding issues.
- Review and assign Welding Procedure Specifications for jobs.
- Maintain welder qualifications and test methods for both the American Welding Society and Canadian Welding Bureau with regard to the structure department.
- Calculate weld consumables.
- Maintain the Welding Procedure Specification and Procedure Qualification Report database with current procedures.
- Maintain and coordinate Pressure Equipment Directive Certification.
- Develop and publish Welding Procedure Specifications and Procedure Qualification Reports.
- Review and accommodate welding specifications.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, ability to deal respectfully with the public, customers, vendors, other employees, managers, and executive management.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to interchange with others in the department.
- Ability to provide support to the other departments with respect to welding matters, assist with audits, participate in root cause investigation, and provide recommendations for inspection and corrective action.
- BS engineering degree preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of ASME BPVC Section VIII, Division 1, and Section IX.
- Must have working knowledge of AWS D1.1.
- Must have knowledge of the strength of materials and be able to perform basic engineering calculations.
- Must have a basic understanding of welding metallurgy & heat treatment.
- Preference is given to individuals with the following (or similar) certifications:
- AWS: CWI, CWEng, SCWI
- CWB: Certified welding supervisor, Certified welding engineer.
- API: 510, 570, 653