Job Number: 2664
Salary / Pay Rate: $174,000.00
We are seeking an experienced Water/Wastewater Engineer for our client in Houston. The company has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry.
In this role, you will manage and work on a variety of water/wastewater projects including but not limited to water/wastewater treatment plants.
- Managing the budget and schedule for multiple engineering projects.
- The Project Manager will serve as the Engineer of Record and technical lead for his/her own projects, in most cases
- Communicating with clients, subconsultants, contractors, and other professionals as required for the completion of the project
- Development of project scopes of work, budgets, and schedules based on initial feedback from the client, and negotiation of any revisions and/or changes to the work during the course of the project
- Assisting Senior Project Managers in the daily and weekly allocation of junior engineering and production staff on active projects, managing individual workloads based on project deliverables and priorities
- Overseeing and coordinating the activities of the project team
- Preparing and/or reviewing technical engineering specifications and cost estimates; coordination with in-house construction administration staff
- Providing feedback to junior engineering staff on standard design engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Providing direction and feedback to field personnel on specific construction requirements, visiting construction sites and providing field observation as necessary
- Assisting with project pursuits and proposal preparation
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’ s Degree in, Civil Engineering from an accredited university or college
- 6+ years of related experience in water/wastewater
- State of Texas PE license required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interface with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies is critical.
- Excellent technical writing skills for use in development of engineering reports and studies
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, able to anticipate and initiate subsequent project tasks, working independently or with minimal instruction
- Able to work efficiently within a predetermined project budget and schedule
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to function efficiently within a project team environment
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.