Fort Walton Beach,
Job Number: 2663
Salary / Pay Rate: $140,000.00
We are seeking an experienced Water/Wastewater Engineer for our client in Fort Walton Beach. The company has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry.
- his position will be expected to plan, design, and possibly manage multidiscipline projects consisting of water/wastewater treatment and collection/distribution systems for municipal type clients. The individual should be capable of performing the technical design and/or hydraulic modeling requirements on water/wastewater projects and additional consideration will be given to those that have experience managing a team of engineers, EIT’ s, CADD technicians, and sub consultants, to successfully execute these types of projects.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Develop detailed designs, plans, specifications, reports and cost estimates for treatment plants, pipelines, pump stations, tanks and other water / wastewater storage and conveyance systems. More specific responsibilities include performing or managing engineering/process design, hydraulics, pumping systems, and treatment process projects
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate with the multiple departments and sub-consultants required for multi-discipline projects
- Ability to create, calibrate, modify and perform hydraulic modeling for water and wastewater systems, and interpret and communicate the results to others
- Assisting other Project Managers in the daily and weekly allocation of junior engineering and production staff on active projects, managing individual workloads based on project deliverables and priorities
- Preparing and/or reviewing technical engineering specifications and cost estimates
- Meet directly with Clients and perform business development duties with potential clients
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university or college
- 5 years of related experience in the water/wastewater design, permitting and construction. Experience should include engineering project management functions with direct supervision of team subordinates
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interface with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies is critical.
- Excellent technical writing skills for use in development of engineering reports and studies
- Highly self-motivated, able to anticipate and initiate subsequent project tasks, working independently or with minimal instruction
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to function efficiently within a project team environment
- Basic level of familiarity with AutoCAD software (2020 or later) preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of procedures of local permitting agencies (FDEP, FDOT, WMD, etc.) required for the typical projects described above is preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge in the output and capabilities of hydraulic modeling software such as WaterCAD, SewerCAD, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMs, and similar software
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.