Job Number: 3542
Salary / Pay Rate: $130,000.00
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers.
We invite you to bring your technical and professional capabilities into play as you are part of the sustainable growth in innovative, high-quality, and sustainable water practice, especially in the areas of our linear infrastructure practice area, including large diameter sewer rehabilitation and design;large diameter transmission main design;and CSO expertise.
You will join our Water team
As our new Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be part of an internationally leading company within the area of integrated water infrastructure. Our business strategy is framed by sustainability and a genuine aspiration to do more good. Making a difference is what motivates us and sets our strategic direction. You will join our international community of interdisciplinary colleagues united around our water story and work collaboratively with water colleagues across the Americas and internationally.
Your key role and responsibilities for the assessment, design, and rehabilitation of water and wastewater large diameter linear infrastructure projects will be:
- Serving as a Technical Lead on larger, complex programs
- Serve as Lead quality reviewer of work products developed by others and coordinating the work of other engineering disciplines into final design deliverables (including calculations, drawings, specifications and cost estimates).
- Executing engineering design tasks of varying complexities and leading the development of design drawings, technical specifications, and front-end contractual documents.
- Preparing technical reports to define projects and provide clients with technical direction.
- Providing office support for construction projects, including cost estimating, construction phasing/ scheduling, site inspections, punch list development and review shop drawings.
- Preparing technical approach for proposals and estimates of fee for water and wastewater linear infrastructure projects.
- Training and mentoring of design and engineering employees.
- Working effectively in a team setting and directly communicating with internal stakeholders (e.G., project manager, project team, project owner) and external stakeholders (e.G., clients, vendors, subcontractors, contractors).
- Participates in relevant professional affiliations for strengthening technical skills and representing Ramboll’s capabilities through technical presentations.
Your starting point for constant growth
We will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- B.S. Civil/Environmental Engineering with 15+ years of experience desired;demonstrated expertise accepted.
- Technical expertise in water and wastewater linear infrastructure design with specific experience in designing large diameter water transmission mains, sewage force mains and gravity systems, CSO, and/or stormwater conveyance systems.
- Technical expertise in pumping stations and water storage design experience is a plus.
- Strong personnel development skills with experience mentoring people in engineering, and design positions.
- Strong communication skills with ability to convey complex technical knowledge to clients, public and technical societies.
- NASSCO PACP/LACP/MACP certification is preferred.
- Trenchless pipe installation and rehabilitation technologies experience
- Professional certification or licensure in the Northeast, MidAtlantic and/or MidWest Regions and ability to obtain multiple licenses through reciprocity
- Client facing with strong existing client relationships within the water/wastewater infrastructure and/or resiliency field a plus.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Consistently utilize sound judgment and discretion in performance of job functions.
- Ability to mentor and delegate to team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills at conferences.