Job Number: 3182
Salary / Pay Rate: $170,000.00
Trial Attorney –Coral Gables, FL
About our Client: They're a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm in sunny Florida. They handle all sorts of cases, from auto accidents to medical malpractice, wrongful death, and more across the state.
Position Summary: This position is located in Coral Gables, FL. At the firm, they've got an energetic team of Trial Attorneys who handle all aspects of cases, from start to finish. You'll be working on preparing and trying jury trials in various parts of Florida & the Southeast.
As a Litigation Attorney, you'll have around 35-40 files on your plate. You'll work alongside paralegals and legal assistants who'll be there to help you with your cases, especially when preparing for trial.
Here's the good part: You won't have to worry about drumming up business for the firm, but if you want to, there's a generous referral fee for bringing in a case. Also, no billable hours requirement.
Running the business side of things? Nope, you won't have to. We've got a support system in place, allowing you to focus on being a top-notch litigator and Trial Attorney. We also invest in our team's skills by sending them to seminars and workshops to improve their trial abilities. Your focus will be purely on litigation.
You'll receive a competitive base salary based on your experience and a bonus tied to the fees you earn. The caseload is growing, and we're looking for an organized, professional, and dedicated individual to join our fantastic team. In return, you'll get to work with a hardworking crew and expand your skills in the industry.
Requirements & Skills:
- Full-time position
- Member of the Florida Bar in good standing
- At least 5 years of personal injury litigation experience
- Trial experience is a must, preferably with at least 5 First Chairs during trials
- General litigation experience
- Familiarity with motion practice, depositions, and discovery
- Strong communication and people skills
- Being bilingual is a plus
- Prioritization of client service and professionalism
- Experience with SmartAdvocate®(case management software) is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills, multitasking abilities, and prioritization
- Team-oriented approach
Firm Benefits: They've got some great benefits for full-time employees and their families. Here's a summary of what they offer (and this list isn't exhaustive):
- Competitive Wage
- Attractive Bonus structure with no Billable hour requirements
- Paid Time Off, Holiday, Bereavement, and Sick Time
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Group Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Employer-Covered Supplemental Benefits
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Annual Performance Review