Job Number: 3112
Our client, a leading provider of multidisciplinary engineering and design services to water, transportation, and aviation end-markets, is now hiring a Transportation Engineer/EIT for their Orlando or Tallahassee locations.
Under general supervision, performs assignments of limited scope that require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related design engineering tasks. Assignments involve some unusual or difficult problems requiring job knowledge and abilities beyond entry level.
The Engineer Intern will work alongside outstanding professionals in a fast-paced setting which provides the incumbent invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned in a business-engineering environment.
- Assist Highway project engineers in the design and development of road and highway contract plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Develop feasible design alternatives and compare parameters such as typical sections, horizontal and vertical alignments, right-of-way requirements, and construction cost.
- Perform standard computations and analysis and research assignments.
- Support preparation of final design plans, cost estimates, and technical special provisions.
- Attend design meetings and coordinate with team members.
- Prepare letters, faxes, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, project schedules, and other administrative-related documents.
- Maintain an adequate record of design documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required.
- Candidate must have passed the FE (EIT) exam.
- 2 years experience preferred
- Experience with one or more CADD platforms
- Knowledgeable in FDOT and AASHTO Standards as well as Microstation and Geopak
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with various personnel
- Effective written, verbal communication, and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- This is a full-time position. This position may require some weekend work or additional (working) hours.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions