Job Number: 2716
Salary / Pay Rate: $85,000.00
Nachman Executive Consulting, LLC (NEC in partnership with Recruitment in Motion is backed with years of experience partnering with clients inside the Finance and Accounting space. NEC is working with with a growing Payroll Company that is seeking a Director of Tax who has experience preparing payroll taxes for service bureaus and has experience using *** Asure Evolution *** software. THIS IS A 100% FULL TIME REMOTE POSITION.
This position is responsible for performing tax preparation, tax research, and tax filings/payments with minimal supervision. This person contacts clients and agencies to resolve all tax related matters and implements tax preparation for company and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Build and document a tax filing calendar for each state company operated in
- Create and Upload tax files to appropriate agencies in appropriate deadlines
- Conducts, manages, negotiates and settles tax notices
- Reviews tax work of subordinates
- Document all tax department processes and maintain updated SOP’ s
- Trains, mentors and provides work direction to staff
- Reviews tax information supplied by client, may meet with or call client with questions
- Recognizes, anticipates, and resolves tax issues, and makes recommendations
- Promotes firm services to existing and prospective clients.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- 3+ years of payroll tax experience
- Working knowledge of tax code and tax regulations
- Progressive accounting experience in public accounting or similar work environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel, Word and Access
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to manage and develop staff
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities is required
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Demonstrated mentoring, coaching and organizational administrative skills required
- Ability to perform tax planning and tax due diligence
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Strong organization, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work with all personnel within the organization and facilitate communication effectively
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to be a team player, flexible, and able to work in fast paced and changing environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.