Job Number: 2667
Salary / Pay Rate: $220,000.00
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager for our client in Houston. The company has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry.
Manages the full life cycle (proposal-initiation-execution/control-closeout) of design engineering or engineering/construction projects and assumes full responsibility for project profit or loss. This includes managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, cash flow, quality, communications, resources, procurement, and risk elements required to optimize client service, quality, and fiscal responsibility. The Project Manager’ s overall objective is to build and maintain a positive client relationship, and to achieve or exceed the estimated profit margin for the project.
- Participates in project costing and bid preparation to the extent required.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to employer to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences, and develop schedules, budgets, manning tables, vendor lists, and progress billing points.
- Establishes contractor-client liaison network to keep all interested parties informed of project planning, start date, and work progress.
- Forms a project work team and sees that responsibilities are assigned, and execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to Federal, state, and local authorities for code compliance review and obtains the various permits required.
- Holds regularly scheduled project progress review meetings to ensure that:
- A project contract’ s terms, conditions, and specifications are being met.
- Project personnel adhere to federal and state regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Delays and cost overruns, at best, are entirely avoided, or, at worst, kept to a minimum.
- Manpower, equipment, materials, and quality problems are recognized for timely intervention and resolution.
- On-site supervision maintains staff morale and interacts appropriately with client counterparts.
- Information for progress billing purposes is submitted correctly and on time.
- Meets with client management as necessary during a project’ s terms to resolve issues and at a project’ s completion to obtain final client approvals.
- Maintains a continuing business relationship with major clients as part of ongoing business development efforts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in, Civil Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Project Management
- Experience in Houston area, preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Business development and client relationship skills
- Strong understanding of financial management
- Effective written and verbal communication