Job Number: 3337
Salary / Pay Rate: $140,000.00
Join an innovative team as a Battery Engineer!
Are you passionate about pushing the boundaries of energy storage technology? Our client is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking individual to join their team as a Battery Engineer. As a Battery Engineer, you will play a key role in the design, development, and optimization of advanced lithium-ion battery systems for diverse applications. The Battery Engineer will be expected to be on-site in order to gauge human behavior and motivational factors while working alongside colleagues within different levels of the organization.
As a Battery Engineer, you will be:
- Leading the design, development, release, and validation activities for battery modules and packs for customized applications, both industrial and military.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to design and test new battery systems.
- Analyzing and interpreting data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Participating in the development and execution of battery testing protocols.
- Working with Business Development to obtain product requirements and customer approvals.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies in energy storage.
- Direct the creation of models, prints, electrical schematics, PCBA layouts, and BOM for design in a revision-controlled state throughout the development and production launch process.
- Design and develop battery systems for various applications.
- Conduct performance and reliability testing of battery prototypes.
- Create and release assembly and functional test specifications related to the battery system and its subsystems.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to integrate batteries into end-user products.
- Create, support, and update DFMEAs and DVPRs as required.
- Support supplier evaluation and selection.
- Strongly supports other key functional engineering groups with their tasks (ME, EE, SW, BMS) to complete the total product design, validation, and release.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to battery performance and functionality.
- Stay current with advancements in battery technology and contribute to the continuous improvement of our products.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Systems Engineering).
- Must be comfortable supporting US military-funded work and building products for US and ally military testing and use.
- Meets U.S. Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
- Minimum of 7 years of product development and design release to production experience within a phased-gate style project management system.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in battery system projects (design, testing, and optimization).
- Strong knowledge of battery chemistries and energy storage technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of battery management system operating principles and the electrical hardware and software systems that comprise a battery management system.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to battery safety and performance.
- Practical experience with Solidworks CAD software for design management and review.
- DFMEA and DVP&R composition experience for electrical/mechanical systems.
- Root Causing and/or Design for Six Sigma project experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
$130k-$140k plus benefits
Relocation assistance is available
Why Join the Team:
- New state-of-the-art temperature-controlled environment.
- Exciting opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Relocation assistance available.
- Commitment to sustainability and making a positive impact on the future.
If you are ready to contribute to the evolution of battery technology and be part of a forward-thinking team, apply now! Join in powering the future with cutting-edge energy solutions.
Want to energize your career more quickly? Send a copy of your resume directly to Marissa at MOgden@rimrp.Com.