Job Number: 3541
Salary / Pay Rate: $140,000.00
As our new Senior Engineer, you will be part of an internationally leading company within the area of integrated water infrastructure. Our business strategy is framed by sustainability and a genuine aspiration to do more good. Making a difference is what motivates us and sets our strategic direction. You will join our international community of interdisciplinary colleagues united around our water story and work collaboratively with water colleagues across the Americas and internationally.
Your key role and responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a Technical Lead on larger, complex programs and/or serving as Project Manager on smaller, less complex projects
- Serve as Lead quality reviewer of work products developed by others and coordinating the work of other engineering disciplines into final design deliverables.
- Executing engineering design tasks of varying complexities and leading the development of design drawings, technical specifications, and front-end contractual documents.
- Preparing technical reports to define projects and provide clients with technical direction.
- Providing office support for construction projects, including cost estimating, construction phasing/ scheduling, site inspections, punch list development and review shop drawings.
- Preparing proposals, fee estimates, purchase orders, and subcontract agreements.
- Training and mentoring early career Engineering employees.
- Working effectively in a team setting and directly communicating with internal stakeholders (e.G., project manager, subject matter expert, project owner) and external stakeholders (e.G., vendors, subcontractors, contractors).
- Participates in relevant professional affiliations for strengthening technical skills and representing client's capabilities through technical presentations.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 8+ years of qualifying engineering experience in the engineering/design field.
- Technical proficiency in water and wastewater linear infrastructure design with specific experience in designing large diameter water distribution and transmission mains, sewage force mains and gravity systems, CSO, and/or stormwater conveyance systems.
- Technical proficiency in pumping stations and water storage design experience is a plus.
- Mastered engineering fundamentals in linear infrastructure design.
- NASSCO PACP/LACP/MACP certification is preferred.
- Hydraulic Modeling experience
- Experience with trenchless pipe installation and rehabilitation technologies
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Professional certification or licensure in the MidAtlantic Region (Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia) or ability to obtain through reciprocity
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Consistently utilize sound judgment and discretion in performance of job functions.
- Ability to mentor and delegate to team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills at conferences.