Job Number: 2982
Salary / Pay Rate: $135,000.00
We are seeking an experienced Senior Transportation Engineer for our client in Houston. The company has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry.
- Produces technical deliverables for assigned project(s) for successful delivery to clients by coordinating and implementing project planning, task planning and delegation, task oversight, engineering and design, and implementation of project controls, client communications, and managing change
- Coordinates project staff of engineers, technicians, and planners as required and assigned for the project(s) to achieve successful results for the client
- Prepares technical proposals to provide professional services and assists in business development activities
- Collaborates with Leadership and Business Development Department to lead technical responses to the Request for
- Plans, schedules, and/or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple projects
- Proponent for designated technical services as Service Line lead/expert.
- Visually observing and differentiating details and colors of objects; recognizing sound, tone, and pitch; speaking and writing clearly and effectively; adjusting to interruption and changes; working in hot, cold, and noisy work areas; standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods; climbing stairs and ladders; dealing with people in tense situations, and lifting to twenty (20) pounds. Should have a State Driver’ s License and carry state-mandated auto insurance. Must have dependable transportation to attend meetings or to make field visits on short notice. Must be willing and available to conduct or attend some evening meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ability to effectively execute and coordinate the work of engineering team members/task leaders for transportation schematics and plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) for clients such as TXDOT
- Ability to gain and maintain superior technical understanding and ability to implement new methods and technical approaches for projects, and recommend new practices or changes in emphasis for programs
- Ability to represent the organization and maintain liaison with individuals and related organizations
- Ability to mentor and develop project team technical and support members
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interact with employees, clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others
- Ability to effectively lead meetings and make presentations
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited program or related field. Advanced Degree desirable.
10+ years, of thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to highways and transportation.
Licensure and Certification
Professional Engineer licensure in Texas is required. Specialty Certification such as PMP is desirable. Certification or ability to certify for work categories in cited TxDOT groups is required.