Job Number: 3263
Salary / Pay Rate: $25.00
The Senior Lab Technician will work under the direction of senior technical staff members to accomplish tasks needed to produce and evaluate lithium-ion battery materials, electrodes, other cell components, and test cells. This position requires the ability to read instructions represented in manuals and follow these instructions. The work environment is indoors.
- Perform bench chemistry and formulation work.
- Operate lab scale synthetic, milling, mixing, and coating equipment.
- Prepare samples/materials and assemble lithium-ion test cells in glove boxes.
- Conduct electrical testing on test cells.
- Conduct microscopic and analytical tests on cell materials.
- Test data workup, visualization, and reporting.
- Utilize cell models to design electrodes and cells.
- Develop, write, and follow methods and standard operating procedures.
- Contribute to reports and presentations as directed.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- Maintain assigned equipment/assets/properties.
- Comply with company policies and procedures. Follow all safety guidelines and operate in a safe manner.
- Perform in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
- Provides advisory support and assistance to the department manager as needed.
- Participate in activities needed to support the management functions of the team.
- Physical presence on the job is essential including weekends and holidays if deemed necessary
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
Required Education: Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline, or tech school equivalent.
Preferred Education: Degrees in general science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, materials science, materials engineering, or mechanical engineering/technology are preferred.
We are open to life science-related degrees with appropriate lab work experience.
Required Experience: New A.S. And tech school graduates will be considered for Associate positions.
New B.S. Graduates will be considered for mid-level.
Preferred Experience: Battery industry-related experience or education is preferred.
Required Skills and Traits:
- Bench chemistry, analytical chemistry, QA testing, or materials science lab-type skills are required (chemical handling, solution preparation, materials synthesis/processing, sample preparation, chemical or instrumental analysis).
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and as part of a small team.
- Successful candidates will be both quality and detail-oriented, be team-oriented, and flexible. They will possess good interpersonal skills, be good in written and verbal communication, and be able to interface with co-workers and management.
Preferred Skills and Traits:
Basic proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- Electrochemistry and battery science/engineering theory and methods.
- Materials synthesis and processing methodology and equipment.
- Analytical chemistry and/or materials analysis methodology and equipment.
- Familiarity with electrode mixing, coating, and processing methodology and equipment.
- Familiarity with lithium-ion cell assembly, welding, and manufacturing methods.
- Familiarity with battery and electrochemical test equipment (Maccor, Bitrode, Arbin, Neware, Solartron, Gamry, etc.) programming, operation, methodology, and data analysis.
- Equipment set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting.