Job Number: 3172
We are seeking a highly motivated, Entry-level Sales Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for preparing and submitting sales quotations to customers, which include thermal design, costing, terms and conditions, and specification review and clarifications. The position will work closely with the Sr. Sales Engineer team for training purposes.
- Prepare and submit a sales quotation to the customer.
- Communicate and research customer needs to develop a competitive and applicable offering.
- Negotiate with the customer to obtain the order while focusing on company profitability and ability to fabricate within quotation constraints.
- Document sales activity of assigned proposals within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Attend design verification meetings, if required, to successfully transition order management to Projects
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of industry trends, government regulations, and shop capabilities.
- Source and negotiate pricing and delivery from sub-suppliers during the quotation stage.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning.
- Develop and maintain communications cooperatively and professionally with all levels of staff and customers.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company products and services.
- Regular attendance, ability to arrive at work punctually, ability to work on-site.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, ability to deal respectfully with the public, customers, vendors, other employees, managers, and executive management.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to interchange with others in the department.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills