Job Number: 2551
Salary / Pay Rate: $130,000.00
Nachman Executive Consulting, LLC (NEC in partnership with Recruitment in Motion is backed with years of experience partnering with clients inside the Finance and Accounting space. NEC is partnered with a dynamic CPA and management consulting firm, committed to a culture of excellence, offering audit, income tax, accounting & finance, risk advisory, managed IT, HR and other services. They are rapidly growing and currently seeking a to hire a full-time State & Local Tax Practice Manager.
This person will report directly to the Director of SALT. Our firm is headquartered in Owings Mills, Maryland and while this new hire may often work remotely, s/he will be required to commute to our corporate office and travel to client/prospect meetings, conferences, etc., as dictated by business need.
The Manager will focus on managing multiple engagement teams and clients in relation to the completion of various sales and use tax and personal property tax consulting and compliance projects. This person will provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations. Specific responsibilities include:
What is required for consideration?
- Supervise individuals performing sales and use tax and personal property tax engagements, which include but are not limited to, nexus surveys, taxability matrices, voluntary disclosures, sales tax audit defense, assessment of the over-payment of sales and use taxes based on review of prior period purchases made by exempt entities, preparation and filing of refund claims, and tracking of the related follow-up with the appropriate jurisdictions to ensure refunds are secured by our clients
- Overseeing the compliance function for filing sales and use tax and personal property tax returns on a go-forward basis for clients utilizing this service
- Assist with the review and analysis of our clients’ personal property tax assessments for reduction opportunities
- Consistently demonstrating a thorough knowledge of each client’ s business and related needs with a focus on maintaining and expanding client relationships
- Clearly communicate personal property tax review procedures to engagement teams
- Understanding the different capabilities of SALT team members and monitoring as well as reviewing their work product to provide feedback on performance during and after the engagement process
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Coaching, motivating, and developing team members
- Communicate extensively with clients to drive expectations and report on the status of ongoing projects
- Understand the firm’ s lines of businesses and share information with clients as appropriate to make introductions to others in the Firm and maximize cross-selling opportunities
- Manage profitability of projects
- Identify and communicate real property tax and sales and use tax matters, as well as all state & local tax matters to the State & Local Tax Director
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications sharing relevant information with clients as applicable
- Provide exceptional client service to clients and always serve as a positive brand ambassador of the firm
- Maintain a network of industry contacts and establish new long-term relationships
What is preferred for consideration?
- Bachelor's and/or Master’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or another relevant field
- Minimum five (5) years of current or recent experience in sales and use tax and personal property tax consulting
- Experience leading teams and mentoring associates, as well as a successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagements
- Understanding of sales and use tax and personal property tax rules and regulations impacting companies
- Project management experience including workflow balancing, activity scheduling, problem solving facilitation, prioritizing multiple complex tasks, and meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills with experience conveying complex SALT-related information and associated business impacts to non-technical audiences
- Unwavering integrity and ethics
- Experience interacting with clients, establishing credibility, trust and healthy relationships
- Demonstrable examples of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Willingness and ability to travel to client sites across the country, as dictated by business need (possibly up to 25%)
- CPA, CPA Candidate
- CMI, CMI Candidate
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.