Job Number: 3126
Salary / Pay Rate: $90,000.00
The R&D Scientist or Engineer will work under the direction of senior technical staff members to produce, test, and evaluate lithium battery materials, electrodes, other cell components, and cells. The work environment is indoors.
- Conduct chemistry-type laboratory work to prepare battery material samples, battery electrodes, and lithium battery test
- Operate lab equipment, including cell assembly equipment, mixing and coating equipment, cell testing equipment, glove boxes, optical and electron microscopes, and analytical instruments.
- Test data workup, visualization, interpretation and
- Utilize cell models and tools to design and analyze electrodes and
- Write and contribute to reports and presentations as
- Present data and conclusions to the senior technical
- Participate in lab management functions (equipment/assets/area hygiene, maintenance and management;chemical hygiene;environment, health and safety;quality system;) as assigned.
Management Responsibilities: No direct reports.
- BS or MS (including new graduates) in chemistry, electrochemistry, chemical engineering, physics, or materials science/engineering. Other STEM degrees will be
- Some individuals may qualify for Laboratory Technician or Research Scientist (Ph.D.)
- Lithium/lithium-ion battery coursework or industry experience is
- Experience in one or more areas preferred: battery industry, battery science/technology, materials synthesis and analysis, electrode mixing/coating, lithium cell assembly, formation, battery cell
Title and compensation will be based on qualifications:
- Senior Scientist (or Engineer)
- R&D Scientist (or Engineer)
- Associate R&D Scientist (or Engineer)