Job Number: 3393
Our Client is an international manufacturer of electronics for automation technology. Their products are used all over the world by leading manufacturers of consumer and capital goods. They’re a medium-sized company whose lifeblood is the consistently high quality of its products and whose strength lies in its ability to innovate. Their employees are the foundation of their success and now they are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Industrial Sales Engineer to join their dynamic team.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in expanding their market presence and driving revenue growth by effectively promoting and selling their industrial products to clients within various industries. The Industrial Sales Engineer will collaborate closely with customers, providing technical expertise and customized solutions to meet their specific needs. This role requires a combination of strong technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a proven ability to build and maintain client relationships.
The customer base includes OEMs, end-users, architect/engineering firms, control system integrators, control system manufacturers, distributors, and factory representatives. This remote office position is responsible for working with prospects, customers, managing distributors, and factory representative firms (on average, five distributors) with limited supervision.
Reports to: Sales VP / President
Job Location: Anywhere in NC, SC, TN, GA, VA
Territory covered: VA, NC, SC, TN, and GA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a sales plan for assigned territory and/or accounts.
- Increase overall sales volume in the assigned territory and/or account base to exceed assigned sales objectives.
- Develop new customers to increase account base by leading sales efforts to acquire significant projects, end-user specifications, and/or OEM business through direct involvement and coordination of factory resources and channel (distribution) as necessary.
- Vertical penetration of new and existing accounts that are strategic to sales growth in the assigned territory and/or account base.
- Provide inputs to Sales Management that will assist them in developing sales quotas, sales objectives, volume forecasts, marketing plans, advertising programs, sales tool development, and new product development.
- Participate in sales meetings, sales training, customer seminars, and trade shows as required.
- Work with, train, and assist customers and distribution channels within assigned territory.
- Work and communicate with internal departments for product development and/or customer orders/requirements for products.
- 2-year Technical degree.
- 3 years of successful industrial sales experience.
- Proven experience in industrial sales, with a strong technical background.
- Experience in material handling or packaging and process industries is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and convey them to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Results-oriented with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Experience with AS-Interface protocol and PLCs is a huge plus.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, and 401K benefits.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- Remote Office.
- Monthly car allowance, gas card, laptop, phone.