Job Number: 3008
Position Overview: We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Agency Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Corrections team. As an Agency RN, you will provide essential nursing care to residents in our facility while maintaining the highest standards of patient-centered care. Your role will involve collaborating with interdisciplinary teams, implementing care plans, and ensuring the overall well-being of residents. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the health and comfort of individuals in need of long-term care.
- Provide skilled nursing care to residents according to established care plans.
- Administer medications, treatments, and other medical interventions as prescribed by physicians.
- Monitor and assess residents' health conditions, noting any changes and taking appropriate actions.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, ensuring their comfort and dignity.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary teams including physicians, nurse practitioners, therapists, and social workers to develop and implement comprehensive care plans.
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure continuity of care and resident well-being.
- Report any significant changes in residents' conditions to the appropriate healthcare professionals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic medical records, documenting all care provided, medications administered, and changes in residents' conditions.
- Complete required documentation in a timely manner and ensure compliance with facility policies and regulatory standards.
Education and Support:
- Provide education and support to residents and their families regarding care plans, medications, and health maintenance.
- Address any questions or concerns raised by residents and families in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Adhere to infection control protocols and facility policies to ensure the safety of residents and staff.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to enhance the quality of care provided.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for residents and staff.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state.
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience, preferably in a Corrections.
- Strong clinical skills, including medication administration and wound care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Compassionate and patient-centered approach to care.
- Proficient in electronic medical record (EMR) documentation.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing resident needs and work schedules.