Job Number: 2689
Salary / Pay Rate: $97,760.00
CATH LAB TECH (RCIS or CVT) PERM POSITION- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
SALARY RANGE $80, 000 - $97, 760 - DOE
**** THIS POSITION COMES WITH A BONUS****
The Cardiovascular technician is a caregiver who assists in the performance of the cardiac catheterization. Responsibilities include preparing the patient and the laboratory for the procedures, assisting the Cardiologist in a scrub assistant role for all types of procedures, and hemodynamic monitoring, collection and calculation of data. Accountable to the Cardiology Operations Manager. Provides care under the licensure and direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner. They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit based safety and infection control requirements.
- Prepares the patient for the procedure by explaining the process. Prepares the catheterization site and drapes the patient.
- Prepares a sterile field for the patient, and a sterile operating table. Prepares manifolds, catheters, balloons, stents and any devices to be used during the procedure.
- Scrubs in with the physician and assists in the passing of catheters & injection of radiopaque dye for the visualization of structures, and for interventional and diagnostic procedures.
- Monitors the patient’ s vitals during the procedure and records, analyzes and measures hemodynamic waveforms for the diagnosis of cardiac conditions.
- Assists with transportation pre & post procedure. Performs job duties within the scope of their clinical practice, established competence and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years catheterization lab experience or may consider recent graduate, within past 2 years, from a Cardiovascular Invasive program, OR may consider successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology program, required
- Fulfills and maintains competencies.
- Maintains current BLS and ACLS certification (ACLS required within 6 months of hire date.)
- RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist), preferred
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST), required if a surgical technologist.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.