Job Number: 3066
Salary / Pay Rate: $70,000.00
Highly successful real estate development and management company located in Southeastern, MA is seeking a Property Accountant to join their Accounting team. This position is a newly created role due to company growth and will report to the Accounting Manager who was recently promoted internally and will have a dotted line report into the VP/CFO. The company has developed in excess of $4 million square feet of retail, commercial, residential, and hotel properties and continues to rapidly grow and maintain their success. There is very little to no turnover in the company. This position is a high career growth opportunity. Great benefits and company perks as well as an excellent company culture.
As a Property Accountant you will be responsible for the financial management of all properties assigned to your portfolio.
- Full cycle accounting for commercial mixed-use properties as well as hotels to include month end close and financial statement preparation.
- Monthly financial statements and GL work-papers are prepared timely for all properties.
- CAM quarterly and/or annual tenant billings are prepared timely for all properties.
- Real Estate Tax quarterly and/or semi-annual tenant billings are prepared for all properties.
- Responsible for accruals, prepaid expenses and variance reporting.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Various projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and or finance.
- 3+ years' experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience with M3 accounting software or comparable ERP system experience
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual with good work ethic.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.