Job Number: 3099
Salary / Pay Rate: $175,000.00
Our client is seeking a Project Development Senior Transportation Engineer to join our staff in Doral, Maitland, Tampa, or Tallahassee, FL.
The ideal candidate will work on a variety of transportation-related projects. Must have experience with the entire project delivery process, including marketing/business development, client interaction, project management, and hands-on project development/design/engineering supervision and production. The candidate shall be capable of supervising and leading engineering project development tasks about concept development, roadway horizontal and vertical alignment design, production of concept plans, and documentation of design elements in reports for planning and Project Development and Environment (PD&E).
- Performs process design of multi-discipline transportation engineering projects, including evaluating alternatives, conducting engineering studies and design calculations, and performing preliminary/detailed design
- Provides technical expertise to ensure compliance with design intent and state and federal design standards
- Develops concept plans and design criteria, typical section(s), and cost estimate such as the long range estimates
- Assists with project execution and delivery including the development of project scope, budget, and schedule
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities and coordination of EIT's and CADD Operators as assigned to a specific project
- Assist with marketing and business development efforts for the transportation engineering projects in Florida
- Assist with the preparation of responses to FDOT Electronic Review and Comment
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners including clients, sub-consultants, stakeholders, members of the public, and others
- Ability to lead and coordinate with multiple disciplines supporting project development, including, final design, structures, traffic, and environment.
- Train and develop staff
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college. Applicant’s years of experience will be balanced with the level of education attained.
- 10+ years of related experience in the transportation and infrastructure field, especially in transportation-related work
- Working knowledge and the capability to correctly apply civil engineering principles
- Knowledge of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) administrative and technical regulations as well as local municipal and department standards and requirements (for application of civil engineering discipline)
- Experience with and application of the FDOT PD&E Manual and other pertinent manuals, procedures, software, and requirements
- Proficiency in in AutoCAD and Microstation / Inroads (versions 2015 or later) is preferred;with the ability to train/monitor the technical work of EIs and designers
- Ability to manage and/or perform the design for both public and private sector projects
- Ability to prepare/review technical reports, specifications, cost estimates, and engineering studies
- Ability to perform effective Quality Control (QC) for plans, estimates, technical reports and studies
- Experience in planning, project development, scheduling, supervising, and managing civil engineering project development team’s preparation of concept plans, engineering reports, specifications, and opinions of probable costs
- Demonstrate evidence of successful interaction with clients on resolution of technical and management issues
- Understanding of engineering services contract development and management to include some understanding of budget preparation, scopes, fees, billing rates, job codes, utilization, and effective multipliers
- Ability to interpret legal documents related to engineering
- Skilled in utilizing MS Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, Project) and other software such as Primavera. Knowledge of FDOT-specific software such as Project Suite Enterprise (PSEE) and others is preferred.
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate with multiple professionals involved in infrastructure projects and to manage the performance of various personnel in other departments
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to present to clients at meetings, for proposals, and the public
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, time management, and organizational skills
Associates or better in Engineering.
Bachelors or better in Civil Engineering.
Bachelors or better in Construction Engineering.
Bachelors or better in Transportation Engineering.
Licenses & Certifications