Job Number: 2673
Salary / Pay Rate: $94,000.00
We are seeking an experienced Planner for our client in San Antonio, Texas. The company has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry.
Serves as a planner responsible for managing planning and policy studies, developing land use and policy recommendations, and/or reviewing complex public facilities projects. Researches, analyzes, prepares and presents rationale and recommendations to clients, city officials, and appointed and elected officials on planning and policy studies, proposed amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, land use regulations, and/or complex planning projects. Acts as liaison to citizen task forces or other stakeholder groups. Prepares a variety of written and graphic materials including research reports and staff reports for land use ordinances, Comprehensive Plans, and planning studies. Works with internal managers and marketing staff to increase business development opportunities by identifying potential new clients and opportunities and continue to grow business. Assists in identify funding sources for municipal projects and opportunities to assist in implementing those projects.
- Manage and direct multidisciplinary teams for various projects types
- Develops planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, development proposals, programs and regulations
- Reviews or assists in the review of development proposals and site plans for conformance with codes, plans, and regulations. Evaluates or assists in the evaluation of zoning, ordinance amendments, site plans, special use permits, variances and other proposals
- Collects a variety of statistical data and prepare reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use, tax base data, and occupancy rates. Provides planning assistance to other internal and external clients
- Interprets, analyzes and applies land use ordinances, codes and regulations. Coordinates information with other departments, divisions, consultants, and agencies as required for project management
- Develops standard operating procedures and process management guidelines
- Acts as liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials
- Assists in providing information and resolving citizen, client, and customer issues
- Oversees and coordinates the work of other consultants, assistants, and interns
- Conducts field evaluations and assessments
- Prepares grant applications and coordinates those projects and programs generated by grant participation
- Identifies funding sources for municipal projects and opportunities to assist in implementation of those projects.
- Assists in business development by identifying potential new clients and opportunities
- Mentors staff to enable an engaged and collaborative team environment
- Attends evening and weekend meetings as needed
- Performs other related duties as needed
- Assists, facilitates, and presents planning proposals with decision-makers, stakeholders and public at meetings, events, and other public engagement events
Desired Knowledge And Skills
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning and applicable government codes; ability to review plans and proposals for compliance to applicable codes
- Knowledge of principles and practices of research and data collection
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills with experience in formulating legal documents, regulations and codes
- Statistical, algebraic, or geometric knowledge and ability to apply such knowledge in practical situations
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve vaguely defined practical problems
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and handle multiple deadlines; effective project management skills, independently or in a team environment as needed
- Professional experience in presentation and group facilitation
- Experience working in a local government planning office and supporting public boards and commissions
- Knowledge of standard communication, word processing, database and GIS software
- Ability to focus on projects in the greater Pragathi Antonio area.
- Ability to travel to attend meetings and provide in-house assistance for client municipalities.
- Familiarity and experience with cities in Central Texas.