Job Number: 2964
Salary / Pay Rate: $150,000.00
PHARMACIST - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner. They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit-based safety and infection control requirements.
- Provides appropriate drug information for all clinical programs.
- Compound and dispense drugs according to policy.
- Responsible for drug control and distribution throughout the hospital.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the hospital pharmacy.
- Must have current knowledge of drugs, their actions, availability, and I.V. Incompatibility, required.
- Maintains a minimum of 30 hours of continuing education per license period (2 years), required.
- Be professionally competent in all phases of pharmaceutical care, required.
- One (1) year acute care hospital experience, preferred.
- Experience with controlled substances, preferred.
- Oncology experience, preferred (OP Infusion Oncology department only)
- Pharm D or Ph.D., preferred.
- PGY1, preferred.
- Current license by the California State Board of Pharmacy, required.
- ACLS or PhART (Pharmacy Advanced Resuscitation Training), required certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire.