Job Number: 3175
Salary / Pay Rate: $80,000.00
We are seeking a highly motivated Project Manager for Onsite engineering and construction. Candidate will be responsible for reviewing contract technical specifications ensuring compliance with contractual requirements, company standards, and engineering practices. You will also approve the selection of all mechanical components to be supplied, coordinate thermal and structural design requirements with the Application and Structural Engineering departments, and prepare material and labor budgets based on the conformed estimate provided at turnover from the Estimating Department.
- Review contract technical specifications and ensure compliance with contractual requirements, company standards, and engineering practices.
- Approve the selection of all mechanical components to be supplied.
- Coordinate thermal and structural design requirements with the Application and Structural Engineering departments.
- Prepare material and labor budgets based on the conformed estimate provided at turnover from the Estimating Department.
- Prepare material requisitions and submit them to the Project Buyer.
- Review and approve all purchase orders to ensure compliance with client contract terms and budgeted costs.
- Ensure all project costs, budgets, schedules, etc., are complete and updated in SAP.
- Prepare all project schedules required to support contractual deliverables.
- Coordinate project schedules with the Construction Department to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Prepare all necessary subcontracts in accordance with Prime Contract and Company standard requirements.
- Schedule and attend project kickoff meetings and subsequent field construction meetings necessary to monitor field erection progress.
- Provide necessary design problem resolution to ensure compliance with contractual agreements for quality and timely completion.
- Manage project cash flow in accordance with contractual agreements.
- Issue timely Authorizations to Invoice.
- Prepare a monthly status report for projects including forecasted costs.
- Consult with Sales and Proposals groups on major projects.
- Participate in Bid/No Bid decisions and provide input to project feasibility and cost estimates.
- Continually strive to improve the overall operation of the department through the identification and implementation of improved work systems.
- BS in Mechanical, Civil, Structural, or Chemical Engineering.
- Project Engineering or Management experience in the electric power generation or refining sectors.
- Cooling tower industry installation/field construction experience.
Structural design and construction experience.