Job Number: 3208
Salary / Pay Rate: $60,000.00
2 openings - Boca Raton and Orlando Florida
About our Client: Dynamic and rapidly growing law firm, handling auto accidents, premise liability, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, nursing home abuse, and home and business property damage throughout the State of Florida.
The Nurse Paralegal will work directly with attorneys to assist them with ongoing cases and prepare them for trial if needed. In addition, the Nurse Paralegal will conduct fact-finding projects and is responsible for maintaining all case files. The Nurse Paralegal is responsible for managing Litigation Records Specialists in their obtaining of all medical records, updated bills, liens, loans, and PIP logs, and preparing them for trial if needed. Additionally, the Nurse Paralegal will assist the Managing Partner and the Practice Administrator with the interview process of potential new hires, placing and mentoring new hires, and help diffuse disputes in collaboration with the HR department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with HR and management to help resolve employees’issues and disputes.
- Assist the Managing Attorney in evaluating department procedures and workflow regularly to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Completes regular quality audits of staff’s work, records results, client files, and counsel’s staff.
- Reviews job performance, and provides direct feedback related to performance and success for each direct report.
- Provide guidance to department leadership on staffing needs.
- Welcome and place new hires.
- Train staff regarding department procedures and systems.
- Obtain, review, analyze, and prepare medical records summaries and chronologies, and other pertinent medical and legal documents related to case medical facts.
- Research, evaluate, and retain medical experts
- Maintain attorney’s calendar
- Schedule depositions, pre-depositions, meetings, meditations, hearings
- Document management using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- E-file legal documents in Florida’s E-Portal System.
- Assist attorneys in preparing for depositions, hearings, trials, and conferences.
- Draft legal court documents, such as pleadings, motions, affidavits, and subpoenas.
- Send out correspondence to parties/non-parties via email, regular mail, or certified mail.
- Communicate with clients.
- Set up Court Calls or Zoom for hearings.
- Review, rename & audit medical records, bills, NPNP records, LOPs, PIP logs & health insurance liens.
- Create full sets of medical records & bills.
- Read and review interviews & notes.
- Review discovery.
- Audit medical bills.
- Request medical records, diagnostic CDs & records.
- Pay invoices for medical records, bills, & diagnostic CDs.
- Follow up with medical providers & update the file accordingly.
- Prepare medical notebooks for depositions, mediations & trials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Full-time, 8: 00 am to 5: 00 pm, M-F
- 1+ years of litigation experience required.
- RN or LPN required.
- Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (CLNC) or Legal Nurse Consultant Certified (LNCC) credentials preferred.
- Trial experience preferred.
- Experience e-filing in both state and federal courts preferred.
- Proficient in document organization (merge, split, reorder, delete, and redact) of PDF documents with Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with clients and co-workers effectively and efficiently.
- Possess excellent organization skills and be able to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Teamwork oriented.
The Firm offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees and their families. Here is a summary of their benefits (the list is not all-inclusive):
- Competitive Wage - $40, 000 - $60, 000 DOE
- Paid Time Off, Holiday, Bereavement, and Sick Time
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Group Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Employer-Covered Supplemental Benefits
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Annual Performance Reviews