Specialization: Marketing & Creative
Job Number: 2514
Salary / Pay Rate: $110,000.00
About the job
Seeking an Account Management superstar with innate curiosity about marketing and the world of business.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with experience managing both traditional and digital media campaigns, are an organized people-person, and like being part of a winning team that puts a premium on both personal and professional growth, then our client would like to meet you.
Our client is a collective of professionals who bring unique business and media experience together to drive client success. We dive into our client’ s customer data and historic media buys to understand where a business has been and optimize strategy to bring it closer toward where the client wants to go. We buy media strategically and efficiently, and produce creative work designed to meet specific KPIs. With robust data and analytics expertise, their job is never done – we are constantly testing, analyzing, updating and optimizing; our process has returned fantastic results for the clients we represent (despite working through a global pandemic) and as a result our team is thriving and growing.
The Account Manager serves as the lead point of contact for all account management matters, providing ongoing and proactive client service and acts as the internal champion of assigned accounts on all projects. This role is the keeper of insights related to the account, its industry, its business strategy, goals, position, and objectives and leads team in understanding/knowing this information. (** This is NOT a sales role.)
The Account Manager will:
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of client business, current KPIs and historical activity
- Collaborate with lead Partner/Account Strategists to identify and grow new opportunities for assigned accounts
- Work with data team to forecast and track key assigned account metrics (e.G. Monthly/quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Anticipate problems/challenges and present ideas to address before they become performance issues
- Prepare reports on account performance prior to weekly/monthly client meetings
- Be the day-to-day contact for key client personnel, always ready to assist with challenging client requests or to escalate issues as needed
- Manage budgets and timelines, flagging any changes of scope with time and/or budget implications
- Work with finance team to provide ongoing financial coordination, media reconciliation, client invoicing and account tracking.
- Collaborate with in-house creative team members to ensure projects are completed and in line with media launch dates.
- Be curious and forward-thinking, understanding trends with the ability to articulate how they will affect client business
- Be a pleaser without being a pushover.
Additional key areas of responsibility –
Client Onboarding and Strategy Planning:
- Collaborate on market/competitive research and landscape client business category
- Work with Media Operations Specialist to manage onboarding process for new clients (Marketing Services Agreements, AOR letters, credit applications, etc.)
- Participate in planning topline account strategy outlines including suggested media tactics, budget recommendations, target customer focus, etc.
- Own the scheduling of Internal Strategy Meetings & client strategy presentation meetings
- Build detailed strategy presentations with media buys and client presentation meeting agenda
Media Placement, Schedule Tracking and Creative Fulfilment
- Work with Media Planner/Buyer to manage media RFPs and organize submissions for internal review; communicating with media vendors to refine proposals and identify new opportunities
- Work with Account Coordinator to obtain order acceptance, contract confirmation documents and airchecks/proof of performance from every media partner to ensure schedules are running properly
- Liaison with outside Media Vendors to ensure schedules run cleanly, make goods are processed, and demonstrates sound judgement when considering solutions to impression delivery challenges
- Own communication with Creative department for assigned accounts including submission of deliverables required and obtaining client approvals
- Own communication with Digital department for assigned accounts including dissemination of IOs, budget guidelines and campaign KPIs
- Other tasks as necessary for assigned clients to ensure excellent customer service
- 3+ years of client account management
- Agency side experience working with both traditional and digital media channels
WHAT WE VALUE IN OUR PEOPLE
- Respect for Peers and the Process
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Ego-less: We all pitch in where needed to get the job done.
- We Treat Our Clients Businesses Like They Are Our Own
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Ongoing education & training
- Hybrid open office and casual work atmosphere - (2 days/week in office/3 days WFH)
- Company sponsored events & team building experiences
- Unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays and more!
Proud to be awarded designation by Crain’ s Chicago Business as one of the 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.