Job Number: 3108
Salary / Pay Rate: $101,000.00
Our client is seeking a Lead Civil AutoCAD Designer to join their staff in Ocala, FL. This is a full-time position requiring an in-depth working knowledge of current Autodesk products with at least 10 years of experience.
Must demonstrate a technical background with a broad base of civil engineering experience. Experience should include the Design and CAD drafting of Civil Site plans, Utility pipelines, water and wastewater systems, grading plans, cross sections, general mapping, drainage plans, plans and profiles, and street improvement plans.
- Primary Duty to Provide CAD design and production drafting to support civil engineering projects utilizing software to create 2D and 3D designs for complex custom projects.
- Incorporating mapping and field data into drawings for use in design.
- Revise and update the drawing set for as-builts
- Manage a quality control process to ensure work is consistently adhering to the established standards and procedures.
- Plotting and checking drawings.
- Dependable, responsible, reliable, punctual, and trustworthy.
- Direct the redevelopment of CAD standards and procedures for the Civil Engineering Discipline and the implementation of these standards across the office.
- Create a single comprehensive electronic library of Civil Engineering CAD details and notes project folder.
- Serve as a technical resource to staff for Civil and Survey Specific CAD Questions and related hardware issues including troubleshooting individual CAD-related problems.
- Provide ongoing training to current staff on CAD-related items as needed.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree preferred but not required, High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 10-15 years of AutoCAD experience in civil engineering. Experience should include the drafting of grading plans, cross sections, mapping, utility plans, plans and profiles, and street improvement plans.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the motivation to follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Superior organizational aptitude, ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and work in a highly collaborative, team environment.
- Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.