Job Number: 3262
Salary / Pay Rate: $25.00
Under the direction of R&D Management, the R&D Laboratory Administrator will handle most R&D laboratory support functions (R&D equipment management and maintenance program, waste management, chemical hygiene team, chemical inventory, R&D liaison to facilities engineering and environmental/health/safety teams, etc.) for a 25-person battery science laboratory. The administrator may have special assignments or assist with lithium-ion battery laboratory work during lull periods in laboratory administration.
This is a hands-on position, and the Laboratory Administrator will be an integral presence in the laboratory and support areas. The work environment is indoors.
- Handle R&D lab management committees(s) and functions, including but not limited to:
(1) Manage equipment/area hygiene, maintenance, and internal owner (“champion”) assignments,
(2) Chemical hygiene including chemical inventory and SDS management,
(3) R&D team chemical waste management,
(4) Policy enforcement including chemical labeling, safety policies, and PPE wear,
(5) Conduct R&D area inspections,
(6) Liaison to the facilities and environmental, health, and safety teams,
(7) Lab equipment calibrations management,
(8) R&D documents control and quality/compliance system management,
(9) Consumable materials management, inventory and replenishment;etc.
(10) Evaluate staff annually on compliance with laboratory management policies and assignments
- Allocate and manage lab management tasks and assignments to R&D staff members.
- Train the R&D staff on lab management, R&D team, and policies.
- Operate lab equipment and conduct chemistry-type laboratory work to prepare battery material samples, battery electrodes, and lithium battery test cells as assigned.
- Test data workup and reporting.
- Contribute to reports and presentations as directed.
- Author and follow work orders, traveler sheets, verbal instructions, engineering drawings, standard operating procedures, work instructions, floor plans, etc.
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- On-site presence is essential including weekends and holidays if deemed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- AS/BA/BS or equivalent in a STEM field or career (chemistry, biology, general science, engineering technology, industrial hygiene, etc.). Chemistry-type laboratory experience is required.
- Individuals with advanced degrees (MS+) will be considered, but are not preferred, for this position.
- Previous exposure to, experience in, or coursework/training in laboratory management or support functions including chemical hygiene, facility management, equipment maintenance/management, and/or environmental/health/safety, is required.
- 1+ years of battery R&D or battery industry (or similar industry) experience is highly preferred.
- Basic project or operations management skills are preferred.