Job Number: 3200
Salary / Pay Rate: $145,000.00
Our client, a leading provider of multidisciplinary engineering and design services to water, transportation, and aviation end-markets, is now hiring an Instrumentation and controls Design Engineer for their Jacksonville office. The position will be mainly remote with few on-site visits possible per month.
As an Instrumentation and Control (I&C) Designer, you will be part of a growing family of I&C experts in the water and wastewater industry serving clients from coast to coast. I&C designer will be responsible for designing Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and related equipment for water and wastewater treatment, distribution, and collection system projects. The I&C Designer will be responsible for creating detailed designs, plans, and specifications for the construction and installation of new systems, as well as the modification and upgrade of existing ones.
- Develop P&IDs and control system drawings using AutoCAD Plant 3D and other relevant software tools.
- Design instrumentation and control systems for water/wastewater treatment plants, including selecting and specifying appropriate sensors, control valves, instruments, and control panels.
- Collaborate with other project team members to ensure the design meets project requirements, and that design modifications are addressed during the project lifecycle.
- Develop, data sheets, and other design documentation for procurement and construction.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and new technologies related to instrumentation and control systems.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technologies, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or a related field from ABET accredited university, –or
- Associate’s degree in Engineering Technologies, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or a related field from ABET accredited university and 2 years of experience.
- PE - FL license
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is required, and familiarity with Plant 3D is desirable.
- Familiarity with electrical and control systems design, including experience in selecting and specifying instrumentation, control panels, and other related equipment.
- Knowledge of process control systems, including PLCs, DCS, and SCADA systems.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel to project sites and conduct field inspections as necessary.