Job Number: 3059
Salary / Pay Rate: $110,000.00
HVAC Construction Project Manager
Atlanta, Full time
HVAC Construction Project Manager
Our client is in a period of rapid growth, as new leadership is fostering a culture where creativity and
relationship-building are rewarded more aggressively than any competitor in the industry. They
provide award-winning, turnkey mechanical and plumbing services in both new construction and
retrofit environments. The established clientele includes general contractors; high-tech companies;
property management firms; local, state, and federal government agencies; and hospitals and
laboratories. There is a solid (and relatively recession-proof) client base within the healthcare
The Project Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the management,
administration, growth, and profitability of the projects assigned within the business segment,
including implementation and success sections of the annual strategic business plan.
- Planning, organizing, controlling, and coordinating all aspects of the projects sold or given to the project manager.
- Scheduling jobs based on the schedule provided by the general contractors and the capabilities of the in-house foreman.
- Maintaining liaison with the general manager the controller, and the billing administrative assistant on problem accounts receivables.
- Working with the service department and leadership in support of the shared corporate goal of building a relationship-driven client base that aligns with the company culture.
- Managing the necessary administrative records and controls to protect the interests of the corporation and the customer, including prompt and accurate invoicing, submittals, shop drawings, and close-out materials.
- Resolving customer concerns and complaints in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner
- Performing all duties as directed by the department manager.
- Overseeing all projects to ensure optimal customer service, efficient use of equipment and time, and meeting departmental strategic and budgetary goals.
- Continually expand and upgrade the list of reliable and cost-effective subcontractors to assist in the overall efficiency of future work
- Perform sales calls in support of initiating work for the construction department.
- Evaluation of vendor and subcontractor proposals to ensure compliance with the job requirements and specifications.
- Estimating HVAC and plumbing projects and change orders to comply with corporate profit guidelines and project requirements.
- Coordinate permits and inspections to ensure all project schedules are met.
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
Education and Experience
- Five or more years of combined practical and academic experience in the full range of HVAC sub-fields, including experience in analyzing a typical field situation and providing a timely, correct solution, with at least 1 year of it in a project manager capacity.
- Ability to successfully direct and coordinate the requirements of internal margin expectations.
- Proficient communication skills to guide customers, employees, outside suppliers, delivery schedules, and subcontractors.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills to motivate employees to higher achievements and to keep the company morale high.
- Skill and ability in the growth of the business with customers and vendors of similar values and expectations.
- Ability to comprehend and implement applicable HVAC-related federal, state, and local governmental laws, codes, and regulations.
- Ability to represent the company at HVAC-related social activities.
- Clean driving record
- Five or more years of combined practical and academic experience in the full range of HVAC sub-fields, including the experience in analyzing a typical field situation and providing a timely, correct solution, with at least 1 year of it in a project manager capacity.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8: 00 am to 5 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and participate in drug drug-free workplace program.
- Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel and overnight may be expected.
Compensation & Location
Highly competitive incentive tied directly to overall “ closed-out” net profit of managed projects.
The sliding scale allows for industry-leading incentive checks where efficiency, hard work, relationships,
and the continual reduction of job costs in new and creative methods are encouraged and awarded
This position is located in Northwest Atlanta, GA.
immediate hire. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate
that will include a base salary, performance bonus, automobile allowance, gas card, company
phone, 401K with company match, and comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits. This