Job Number: 3127
Salary / Pay Rate: $30.00
The Government Contract Specialist will work closely with Program Managers and teams who work on Government contracts that contain Government Property requirements. This is a full-time position that will report to the Government Property Administrator. Duties will require the ability to travel between buildings in Ann Arbor, MI, and some tasks will require access to temperature-controlled environments and laboratories utilizing hazardous chemicals.
- Update and maintain the Government Property Log for any other location that may receive and utilize Government Property.
- Manage tagging and storage process at Venture and Jackson locations, and any other location that may store and utilize Government Property.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with BD, Contracts, Program Management, Purchasing, Receiving, and Innovation Center teams.
- Conduct and produce annual inventory report (does not need to be all at one time, can be split up throughout the year by program/location).
- With support from the Government Property Administrator, conduct and produce an annual Contractor Self-Assessment report.
- Responsible for creating any reports of loss, theft, or damage, as well as providing any documentation required under the FAR. These reports will be provided to and reviewed by the Government Property Administrator.
- Perform regular audits of acquisition, receiving, and storage elements (at a minimum) for each program that entails GP.
- Ability to use the Smart Sheet tool and develop processes and procedures in the spirit of Continuous
- Serve as a backup to the Government Property Administrator for conducting general Government Property training during onboarding for all employees and job-specific training for those who will work with Government Property.
- Ability to travel (and potentially sub-contractors) periodically to audit and work with their team.
- Attend training (virtually or off-site) to stay current on DCMA requirements, FAR and DFARS requirements, updates and changes to the FAR and DFARS, and tools available to contractors to improve their Government Property system.
- Follow all safety guidelines and operate in a safe manner
- Physical presence on the job is essential and necessary
- Other duties as assigned by management
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or 2-3 years of experience working with inventory and/or Government contracts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Some ERR system experience is preferred.
- Experience and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite required especially Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Smartsheet is a plus.