Job Number: 3072
Salary / Pay Rate: $52,000.00
The standard function of the position is to install glass shower doors, walls, mirrors, or other glass-centric products and hardware components in a client’ s residence or commercial space while working independently, in a team environment, and or with direct supervision.
- Provides reliable, high-quality customer support and consultation with clients while on the job site.
- Performs installations, upgrades, and additions for glass shower doors, enclosures, railings, mirrors, countertops, and other projects.
- Installs metal framework and hardware.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and CAD drawings.
- Maintains the necessary truck stock/inventory (equipment and tools) with the warehouse team.
- Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information, material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned tasks.
- Monitors and ensures the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Completes and submits all required task-related activities, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must complete other projects, as assigned.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have one or more years of experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of glass installation equipment and all grades of glass.
- Must have a working knowledge of local/national codes.
- Must be able to read drawings and or instructions and install accordingly.
- Must have a valid driver’ s license and be able to clear a pre-employment screening.
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications and/or licenses that are required by national, state, and local codes.
- Requires 25 % to 50 % proficiency in product offerings.
- Vocational/Technical degree in aligned area of study. The ideal individual must be technically inclined, have good written and verbal communication skills, energetic, self-motivated, dependable to work under little or no supervision, and demonstrate job stability and eagerness to learn.
- Individuals with experience in the construction field and or knowledge in the custom glass, metal framework, and hardware industry are highly encouraged to apply.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with “ on-call availability” and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.