We are seeking an Electrical Engineer for our client for Dallas, TX or St. Augustine, FL. The company has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. This will be a hybrid position.
Performs detailed phases of design engineering work for a project of moderate size and complexity (e.G., assignment involving a single engineering discipline). The incumbent must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of design engineering and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Under general supervision, performs assignments which require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related design engineering tasks. This includes experience in utilizing various computer software packages and automated engineering and design tools.
• Design power distribution, lighting controls, grounding, and lightning protection systems with respect to facilities projects.
• Develop electrical one-line diagrams; control schematics; cable and conduit schedules, site plans, area classification drawings, interconnection diagrams.
• Visit sites to assess existing conditions.
• Perform electrical calculations
• Analyze equipment sizing and power requirements for power studies and reports
• Review short circuit, overcurrent coordination and arc flash studies
• Provides miscellaneous task assignment to support project team
• Develop opinion of probable construction cost estimates for projects designed
• Coordinate with other disciplines and trades, such as Instrumentation, Process, and Mechanical engineering, as well as field operations
• Coordinate with vendors for equipment specification and application to project specific conditions
• Coordinate with power utilities and local code enforcement to make provisions for necessary power requirements
• Provides oversight to engineers in training and designers
• Typically works on 4 or 5 projects simultaneously.
Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering with 4-10 years of experience in design of electrical systems for water and wastewater facility. PE license with ability to obtain NCEES record and reciprocate license in other states.