Job Number: 3196
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, Master's degree is highly desired and Doctorate of Pharmacy degree preferred.
- Completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience preferred.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of experience in a hospital pharmacy.
- Ability to solve problems, establish trust and credibility, and deal effectively with change.
- Evaluates operations on an ongoing basis, utilizing the principles of continuous process improvement. Develops, implements, checks, and retools action plans to address variances and improve efficiency.
- Assesses, evaluates, and ensures the competent delivery of pharmaceutical services and provision of drug-related information to inpatients and outpatients according to the needs and age of the patient.
- Identifies staffing needs. Selects, trains, mentors, evaluates, and counsels staff as appropriate.
- Establishes the scope of services and develops annual implementation plans that contribute to organizational strategic objectives.
- Communicates with staff and promotes staff ownership in problem-solving and participation in operational decision-making.
- Prepares annual budget, controls, and reduces costs, forecasts operational needs, and reviews expenditures to ensure budget limits are not exceeded.
- Serves as a positive role model to staff, ensuring that customer service is a priority.
- Remains visible and accessible to physicians, seeking input and feedback on services, medical staff bylaws, and policy/procedure changes.
- Stays up to date on new developments in healthcare, incorporating innovative systems of delivery while complying with all regulatory and licensing agencies.
- Participates in the development of hospital marketing and business plans to enhance resource allocation, centers of excellence, and product lines.
- Participates in hospital quality improvement teams and other committees as assigned.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors;adheres to all policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, and skills competency, supports department-based goals that contribute to the success of the organization;serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.