Job Number: 2926
Salary / Pay Rate: $200,000.00
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager or Civil Engineering Manager for our client in Houston. The company has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry.
Acts as a staff specialist in providing technical guidance for complex or unique assignments. The incumbent must be capable of applying diversified knowledge of design engineering principles and practices, and independently making decisions on significant design engineering problems or methods.
Serves as Civil Department leader with both program and technical management responsibilities. Responsible for winning, production, and delivery of all Civil Department projects, and for Civil Department technical support to projects led by other Departments.
Serves as Civil Department leader for client relations with all current/past clients for Civil Department projects (unless specifically assigned to other departments) and for business development with these clients, as well as new clients identified within Civil Department’ s engineering discipline focus.
- Develop and propose budgets/plans for personnel and resources required to carry out the Civil Department workload as a program.
- Develops, mentors and trains staff on all aspects of project production, delivery, and client engagement.
- Maintains awareness of technical advancement related to Civil Department mission focus and assigns or personally assumes the necessary role as the technical proponent for such areas.
- Develops and maintains Civil Department standards, guidelines and procedures which comport with and support company standards, policy and procedures.
- Responsible for financial oversight of all Civil Department projects, services, and expenses, within the company's annual business plan.
- Undertake all day-to-day Civil Department operating responsibilities, responsible for the success of the group.
Essential Skills and Abilities
Experienced engineering ability and judgment in the application of methods and techniques of engineering analysis and design relevant to the functional focus of the Civil Department; understanding of related technical processes frequently performed by other consultants and necessary to support analysis and design work of the Civil Department.
- Ability to manage projects through knowledge and experience utilizing skills to include project planning, schedule development, establishment and implementation of project controls, communicating with the project owner, managing risk, and managing change.
- Ability to discern client needs and articulate service offerings responsive to those needs; ability to plan work and develop, and negotiate cost proposals.
- Ability to lead Department employees and recruit new employees to beneficially contribute to current and future work.
- Creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems; able to make and explain decisions and recommendations on extensive organizational activities.
- Ability to set priorities, reconcile direction among competing interests and work on projects and programs with complex features.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key engineers and officials of other organizations and companies and is skilled in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; routinely interacts with organization leaders, clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
Travel or Environment Requirements:
- Visually observing and differentiating details and colors of objects; recognizing sound, tone and pitch; speaking and writing clearly and effectively; adjusting to interruption and changes; working in hot, cold, and noisy work areas; standing, walking and sitting for extended periods; climbing stairs and ladders; dealing with people in tense situations, and lifting up to forty (40) pounds.
- Experienced engineering ability and judgment in the application of methods and techniques of engineering analysis and design relevant to the functional focus of the Civil Department; understanding of related technical processes frequently performed by other consultants and necessary to support analysis and design work of the Civil Department.
- Must have State Driver’ s License and carry Texas State mandated auto insurance.
- Must have dependable transportation to attend meetings or to make field visits on short notice.
Education and Experience Requirements
Experience: 15+ years (Advanced degree may be substituted for the experience)
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program. Advanced Degree desirable. Engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues.
Licensure and Certification: Texas Professional Engineer License required or the ability to obtain one within 6 months from the start date, specialty certification(s) relevant to the responsibilities and skill requirements desirable.