Job Number: 2961
Salary / Pay Rate: $137,000.00
CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
The Clinical Manager holds twenty-four-hour accountability for the delivery of quality nursing care and operational management of assigned units. The job encompasses integration, facilitation, and coordination of the leadership, management, operational, quality improvement coordination, and clinical activities of patient care services. This individual serves as a professional role model, leader, mentor, and clinical resource for nurses and other members of the health care team. The individual is responsible for supervising all department employees. Understands and adheres to the California Nurse Practice Act, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for nurses, the ANA Bill of Rights for Registered Nurses, and the ANA Scope and Standard for Nurse Administrators. Supports the mission and values of the Medical Center. Possess knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient population in the department under their r management.
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner. They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit-based safety and infection control requirements.
- Integration, facilitation, and coordination of the leadership, management, operational, quality improvement coordination, and clinical activities of the assigned patient care department.
- Serves as a professional role model, leader, mentor, and clinical resource for nurses and other members of the health care team.
- Maintains working knowledge of local healthcare issues, community standards as well as providers. Participates in strategic business planning and action implementation.
- Conducts performance assessments and evaluations of staff in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate TCMC staff disciplinary processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in the area of leadership, is required.
- Minimum two years of management experience in the clinical area, is required.
- Education Requirements for all Departments except NICU:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, required.
- BSN or Bachelor’ s degree in a related field, required.
- Master’ s degree (MSN/MBA/MHA or relevant to area of leadership), preferred.