Job Number: 2991
Salary / Pay Rate: $101,920.00
CATH LAB TECH PERM POSITION- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
SALARY RANGE $83, 200 - $101, 920 PER YEAR - DOE
**** THIS POSITION COME WITH A BONUS****
The licensed Rad Tech Cath Lab is a caregiver who assists in the performance of cardiac catheterization by assuring the imaging quality and storage of images according to departmental standards. Operates the fluoroscopy equipment in a manner that provides the highest quality image for the cardiologist to perform diagnostic and therapeutic catheterization. Responsibilities include appropriate billing for each procedure. Assists the Cardiologist in a scrub assistant role for all types of catheterization procedures. Responsibilities include homodynamic monitoring, collection, and calculation of data.
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner. They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit-based safety and infection control requirements.
- Fulfills all duties and responsibilities of the Rad Tech – Cath Lab.
- Assures the proper operation and performance of imaging equipment in the cardiac catheterization lab.
- Assist Physicians with proper images and sequences to facilitate diagnostic & interventional procedures.
- Manages interdepartmental communication flow in and out of the lab such as pages, lab specimens, housekeeping requests, etc.
- Fulfills the role of Monitor Technician. Acquires homodynamic and electrophysiological parameters through computer sampling.
- Enters changes as dictated by the catheterization procedure and prepares requisitions for the ordering of supplies.
- Assist the physician as a scrub technician in the execution of diagnostic coronary arteriography and cardiac interventions.
- Maintains a high level of competence in the three areas of rotation, Radiographic Technician/Monitor Technician/Scrub Technician with demonstrated annual continuing education credit/conference attendance.
- Minimum of two (2) years of catheterization lab experience or may consider recent graduate, within the past 2 years, from a Radiology Technology program, required.
- CRT (CA Radiologic Technology certificate), is required.
- CA Fluoroscopy permit, is required.
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists), required.
- Current BLS certification, required upon hire; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Current ACLS certification, required within 6 months of hire; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Additional Unit-specific certification may be required.