Job Number: 3089
Salary / Pay Rate: $95,000.00
Our client in Dallas is seeking a CADD Technician to join their growing team.
The candidate would use CAD equipment/software to provide support to engineers by preparing civil and mechanical exhibits for reports and drawings for construction.
Specific drawing types would include routine site plans, plan layouts, section views, plans and profiles, supporting details, mechanical piping and assemblies, sketches, and schematic diagrams. Project types for which drawings would be developed include utility construction (primarily water, wastewater, and reclaimed water) associated with civil development or municipal projects, civil/structural/mechanical improvements to treatment facilities or industrial projects, etc. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for construction.
- Responsible for the design of CAD plan layouts and drafting requirements of any
- Responsible for plotting and checking drawings.
- Make required modifications to drawings.
- Candidates should have a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with
engineering terminology and construction drawings.
- Candidate should possess civil/mechanical aptitude with the ability to complete basic
- Technical capacity and ability to visualize civil, structural, and mechanical elements in 2-D viewpoints based on limited 3-D alternative views, and vice versa.
- Good communication & collaboration skills.
- Problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Responsible for batching sets of drawings and associated documentation.
- Assistance with production development, including the printing and binding of plans
- Assisting in establishing/improving CADD standards and utilizing these standards to
minimize hours required.
- Will perform other duties as may be assigned by the Regional CAD Manager.
- Prepare preliminary and final drawings, plans, profiles, and exhibits from engineering
sketches, verbal instructions, specifications, and supporting documentation according to
the latest company, industry, and client standards using AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Assist Engineers with collecting field data and applying it to design drawings and exhibits.
- Ensure the accuracy of drawings and maintain production schedules.
- Work with other CADD Technicians and Engineers and be part of a design team.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to communicate with team members.
- Maintain soft and hard copies of all project-related documents per the company filing
- Research, understand, and apply published CADD and Design standards applicable to
- Assist staff and management as a technical specialist with other duties as assigned
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with team members and other staff.
Minimum Requirements: (Includes Education, Years’Experience, Licenses, Registration, Certifications, etc.)
- Associate's degree or equivalent in drafting & design preferred but not required, High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of Civil/Mechanical drafting experience using AutoCAD;the ideal candidate will have 2 to 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD 2013 or greater, Civil 3D, and Plant 3D a plus.
- Knowledge of MicroStation and Revit a plus.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS a plus.
- Strong Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel, Teams, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our company culture is a must.