Job Number: 2986
Salary / Pay Rate: $95,000.00
The candidate will use CAD equipment/software to provide support to engineers by preparing civil and mechanical exhibits for reports and drawings for construction.
Our client seeks a CAD Technician II to join their team in Oklahoma City, OK.
Characteristics, Skills, and Abilities
- Applies experience with, and can utilize, the company’ s procured software systems latest release of AutoCAD and Microstation
- Has solid experience with adhering to industry CADD standards
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the latest releases of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, and Windows File Explorer
- Can mentor and train engineering interns, drafting, and other design staff.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of civil engineering basics including sheet organization, topographical data, scales, coordinate systems, site grading, and volume calculations.
- Can read, analyze, and interpret red line drawings from Engineers, Managers, or others on the project team, as well as understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions, and interact effectively to maintain a team environment.
- Prepare preliminary and final drawings, plans, profiles, and exhibits from engineering sketches, verbal instructions, specifications, and supporting documentation according to the latest company, industry, and client standards using AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Assist Engineers with collecting field data and applying it to design drawings and exhibits
- Ensure the accuracy of drawings and maintain production schedules
- Work with other CADD Technicians and Engineers and be part of a design team
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to communicate with team members
- Maintain soft and hard copies of all project-related documents per the company filing system.
- Research, understand, and apply published CADD and Design standards applicable to work assignments
- Assist staff and management as a technical specialist with other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with team members and other staff.
Travel and/or Environment Requirements
- Must be able to visually observe and differentiate details and colors of objects, recognize sound, tone, and pitch; adjust to interruption and changes; work in hot, cold, and noisy work areas; stand, walk, and sit for extended periods; climb stairs and ladders; deal with people in tense situations, and lift to twenty (20) pounds.
- Must have a State Driver’ s License and carry applicable State-mandated auto insurance.
- Must have dependable transportation to attend meetings or to make field visits on short notice.
- Must be willing and available to work all shifts, including rotation, weekends, and holidays.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- 4+ years of related experience in Water/Wastewater Treatment
- High School Diploma or GED; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training as outlined above. An Associate's Degree is desirable.
- Engagement in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues.