Job Number: 3512
Our client is looking for an Actuarial Manager in Raleigh, NC.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Manages and supports actuarial function in valuing reserves for the company's product line
- Applies traditional actuarial reserving techniques to assess reserves and conduct reviews of loss results, and past and current trends to project future losses
- Develops internal and external communications, including interactions with regulatory authorities and management that will describe and support reserve changes
- Supports the development/design of new models for reserving and forecasting purposes
- Displays proficient ability to analyze SAS datasets and modeling results and test for possible data biases and errors
- Creates and reviews documentation procedures and policy documents that ensure a transparent and cohesive reserving process
- Incorporates and shares best practices regarding reserving models, techniques, and research with other functions
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)
- 7+ years in finance, risk, or actuarial functions, mostly focused on reserving.
- Experience with machine learning and predictive modeling
- Computer programming knowledge (such as SAS, VBA, or other programming language)