Job Number: 3239
Salary / Pay Rate: $60,000.00
Our Client, an award-winning, top 100 law firm in DC is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist. This is a hybrid role, that is in person in the office 3 days a week. The successful candidate will be professional, savvy with systems, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is an amazing opportunity for someone starting out their career in accounting with an eye for detail and expert Excel skills.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for performing vendor and employee expense-related payment processing in support of multiple offices. In addition, the role requires occasional review, research and analysis to ensure the highest level of quality, accuracy and timely payment processing.
- Review employee expense reports from multiple offices for accuracy while ensuring timely reimbursement and follow-up when necessary.
- Organizes invoices and prepares vouchers in the accounting A/P system in preparation for payment.
- Performs ad hoc A/P research and analysis as requested.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries.
- Prepares rush check batches for payment and processes ACH payments.
- Distributes checks to check signers and ensures distribution within the deadline.
- Reconciles vendor statements and follows up with vendors.
- Assists with year-end audit requests.
- Processes upload files and resolves errors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, and vendors.
- Ability to provide quality customer service to both internal and external contacts regarding financial matters of a routine nature.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work of a detailed nature in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of MS suite of products such as Word and Excel.
- Intermediate skill in operating standard office equipment such as calculators and desktop computers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math concepts and the ability to perform simple math functions quickly and accurately.
- Familiarity with an automated financial management system such as Elite Enterprise.
The position requires a High School Diploma or GED. Additional relevant education such as an Associate’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
The position requires basic familiarity with office equipment, protocol, and filing systems. On-the-job training will be provided on accounts payable responsibilities and concepts.
Accounts Payable experience, particularly with a law firm or other professional services organization using a complex accounting system such as ChromeRiver and 3E, is preferred.