Job Number: 3146
Salary / Pay Rate: $55,000.00
We are looking for a growth-minded Accounting professional for an Accounts Payable position with a private upstream company based in Oklahoma City! This company is led by some of the best in the industry and is experiencing rocket growth! This position is for someone looking to work for a small company where he/she would have exposure to all aspects of the business and really have an impact! If you are looking for a growth-oriented and dynamic opportunity and a chance to do interesting work with a great work-life balance and a tight-knit team where you will have direct access to the Controller to mentor you then this role is for you!
Duties of the AP Specialist:
- Assisting with the accounting records for multiple entities, ensuring accuracy.
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records
- Managing all vendor relations including contracts
- Paying vendors by scheduling paychecks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit;generally responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
Qualifications for the AP Specialist:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of accounting experience in the oil and gas industry, with a preference for experience in the upstream sector.
- Proficient in Accounting Software (Oil and Gas related preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex financial data and identify trends, risks, and opportunities.
- An independent and proactive learner and thinker who is able to problem solve.
Compensation for the Accounts Payable Specialist:
$45, 000-55, 000/year depending on experience. Full Benefits, 401k plus company match, and a GREAT PTO policy! Lots of flexibility as well!